Come Find Me!

nitegardener.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Yard Sales Are Stalking Me!!!


Doesn't Seem to matter how busy i tell myself I am..
These Yard sales Still manage to find me!!!
Try as I May to avoid them!
I run errands to points & places in town where i KNOW they should not be..& yet there they are! These people are having then now right out in open fields to trap me with their wares!
I have to stop of course! It would be rude of me not to!
After all.. We're in the South.. It's just impolite to not stop & say "Hello.. how's your Mama?"
& of course there it is! This LOVELY Coffee table that I needed.. with FOUR Drawer's.. a Recessed top.. & a fitted glass.. perfect to showcase all sorts of old bits & peices that I've collected over time! So.. I knew right off What I was going to stick in it! An old Tea set I'd made the Jay Bird at a Ceramics Class when she was about 8 years old.. Such a sweet little set too! Took me countless firings to get it right! I kept it a bisque color..But a Mother of Pearl Overlay!
She's only managed to loose one Little Saucer.. & the lid to the Tea Pot! Not too bad for nearly 20 years time I thought! I also tossed in several old Skeleton keys & a bunch of old Wooden Spinning Spools.. Perfect combination!

Next Stop I Just had a fit!
These Folks must have known I was on my way!
ENAMEL WARE!!! Yes! & OLD Chamber pots To Boot! Yet Another Weakness..
(Yes.. Know.. too many to count..) But you don't ubderstand.. I have a very Bizarre collection of old Enamel Ware Bed Pans & Such decorating My Hall Bath! A Light Blue Childs Chamber Pot!
A CHILD Size Bed Pan! & TODAY!!! I found another Chamber Pot.. As well as a MAN'S Hospital Pot?? Not sure what this one is called.. yes.. I've NEVER claimed Sanity here.. But has to be a complete collection I'm thinking.. aside from the fact that the colors are not the same!
I DO believe I have just about every type of Enamel Ware Bed Pan, Slop Jar,or Chamber Pot
That has been Made.. So Let it be Known.. I DO indeed Have a Pot To Piss In..!
Several Actually! Now I just need to figure out a way to 'Tastefully' Display them!

4 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Alright Kathie, time to take pictures of the complete collection! LOL I've only had one (got lost in the last major move) slop jar I guess is what it was..like a pail with a lid..white enamel with black edging.

Bonne said...

Finally found a home for a bed pan that was "gifted" to me........knew I was saving it for someone.... lol hugs, B

electricdunce said...

You lucky devil! I had a few old chamber pots years ago, my favorite was a china rose encrusted one, but they have all disappeared through the years, too many changes of houses, etc. I'll keep my eye peeled, once in a while I spot one lurking in the recesses of some junk store. I have had to stop going to my favorite junk store, any yard sales, etc. I have to get everything sorted out before winter creeps in.
At one point I was thinking velcro ceilings, and I could just fling stuff heavenwards and it would be stored out of the way, velcro is too expensive and it would probably look like hell. Our old house had really high ceilings and I entertained thoughts of hammocks that could be hoisted overhead, filled with material, but my husband was not very impressed with that idea. I really thought it could be swell, you know, color coded, etc.
We definitely need more pictures, Sis!

Karin

Autumn said...

I love the south! Your right- ya gotta stop and ask, "How's your mamma?"
I have been staying home to keep from them(the yard sales) and then I see stuff online and in magazines...it's everywhere-it's everywhere!!!!