Come Find Me!

nitegardener.com

Friday, November 14, 2008

Flea Market Finds!!!!


Well Finally Made it out to an Actual REAL live Flea Market !

Not just some pretend maybe make it to the end of a sale.. or run by .. stop & see whats still left over type thing! I actually was able to get over to one that was worth going to early in the morning!

& WHOO Hooo! Got some deals too!

A supr nice perfect condition old Jar With the lid still for $3.00.. One guy had a hand full of old wooden Spools/Bobbins.. 5 of them.. He said $10.00.. I said i'll give you $5.00.. he said they are really old.. i said i know.. yes.. they are.. but they are really common.. so they are good for $5.00.. i'll give you $5.00.. He wanted to argue about what great deal he was giving me.. i told him to have a great day.. & walked away.. they guy followed me to the next booth & handed them to me.. ok.. $5.00 he said.. yep.. thats what i said.... Funny.. because at the end of the day I ran across another man that had 3 really pretty red cone shaped ones.. he had them marked for $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00 But said I could have them for a buck each.. see.. Yeah.. Thats what they are.. one dollar.. Just like i told the first guy.. right?

Anyway.. Some different Copper Molds that IF you can believe it.. I DON'T already have! A corn image.. a heart shape with geese on it i think.. & one with a Chicken image in the center of a round one.. Lets see..what else.. Oh.. An Enamleware Stock pot for $2.00..Big deal! Though that was a great big deal! I'd have paid more for sure!

Oh.. a plaid wool throw for a dollar.. I'm telling ya.. they were nearly paying me to take this stuff!! A really cool HUGE whisk.. i'm thrilled with.. that was $2.00 & same guy had a wooden green handled something.. see it in the picture? not quite a whisk.. maybe sort of a strainer.. Anyway.. I already know who's hose THAT'S going to live in.. Certain someone I know just LOVES GREEN stuff.. even a little more then i do.. So.. it's hers! OOoohh A copper Christmas tree cookie cutter & a Scottie Dog Cookie cutter.. Each for 50 cents..hand full of lace stuff..All for $6.00!!! A small cream colored runner type things very pretty.. you can see it under the whisk.. a round one trimmed in red & another larger one.. the people at that booth were a hoot.. we were probably having a bit too much fun with the lace.. I think they may have decided to stick a couple things back in a bag & take them back home.. I may have re-awakened some ideas for alternate uses for a few things! I found a Big box full of these smaller boxes made from old Cheese boxes! they were all priced at one or two dollars.. depending on the size.. i grabbed a few of these.. great for pens or pencils or paint brushes I thought! Can't seem to remember anything else.. oh.. OHHH!! I got one of those Green 'leather' jewelry boxes.. the hinge that holds it open is broken.. So i got it for $2.00.. it's lined with gold velvet.. really pretty.. of course for me.. these things are all for craft stoarage.. so i think.. what can I stick in this!

But the very best thing I got from this old guy.. was this really cool box FULL of MY FAVORITE STUFF!! Rick Rack & Bias Tape... Some of it is so dang old.. But HOW AWESOME!! You wouldn't believe it! Most of it is all still in packages too..

GOBS of it! & a little baggie of snaps & buttons too All for $2.00..

I Really made a Great Haul this time.. & didn't spend all that much either!

Treasures!!!!


3 comments:

electricdunce said...

No flies on you, Mrs. Smartypants! You did very well, and it is fun to see the pictures of the zephyrware and the other goodies you collect.....it is getting too cold for yard sales here, but i noticed in the local paper that the Montville Grange is having a holiday rummage sale...now if I just knew where the hell it was located....ah well..

Karin

Bonne said...

garage sale-ing year 'round in sunny Florida!! Great finds and even better prices , missy. ;) B

Pink Princess said...

The thingy with the green handle looks like a strainer to me. VERY cute all the items you bought! I love them.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy on MJF